Saturday, March 29, 2014

Registered

Took the plunge and registered for our spring stitching retreat this morning.  I needed a little something to cheer me up.  I'm looking forward to a little get away in April but my goodness it's making for a hectic month. 

April Weekend 1: Lily's Birthday Party Saturday, real birthday and family celebration Sunday
April Weekend 2: Recuperate from DH's mid week birthday, Palm Sunday (not a bad weekend)
April Weekend 3: Easter here at the house, then travel to Grand Falls after Easter service for our mandatory appearance at the family meal hosted by one reluctant to pass the torch when it comes to holiday celebrations to our generation.  GOOD GRIEF...we are getting to/in our 40's.  That's a whole other rant ;)
April Weekend 4: Retreat!!!  Now hopefully my retreat co pilot can get Friday of...heck I hope I can get Friday off the rate things have been going at the office.
May Weekend 1: Bryan Adams concert in Saint John.  Super excited about a one night get away and seeing one of my favorite artists!!  The last time we got away for fun stuff was U2 back in 2011, we're overdue!

If I factored in how little time that would be until the May long weekend I would begin to feel a little "claustrophobic".  While I enjoy the things we do sign up for, it does take a bit of maneuvering to make things 'happen' and not have the house go to complete shambles.  I think this may all play a significant part in me becoming beyond annoyed when we are voluntold to attend some event.  Momma needs some downtime. ;)

On a brighter note, the ramp up for Alex's birthday celebrations at the beginning of June are non existent this year!  Fear not, I'm not a cold mother. ;)  In February he came home with the 'grad' class trip information for middle school.  It is a pricey trip but with a jam packed itinerary it is something that we couldn't do as a family trip to accomplish as many sights for the same price.  So we let him sign up as part of his birthday/"grad" present.  I don't remember leaving junior high under nearly as extravagant terms but a trip to Ottawa and Quebec City will be an exciting adventure for him.  Bonus, 4 whole nights off of teen drama ;)  Win Win!

Until Next Time,

Katie :o)

3 comments:

Annette said...

Your having a busy month!!
Good luck en enjoy the fun times!!

Julie said...

Have fun in April!
Sending Happy Birthday wishes

Jennifer said...

I feel your pain. My husband and I have been married for 10 years, and away from home for 14. We make the 2-2.5 hour drive to our hometown every holiday. I have a feeling we'll be prying the hosting of holiday celebrations from someone's cold, dead hands.